Industrial Group SAIDAL
Founded in 1982, SAIDAL is a public company specialized in the development, the manufacturing and the marketing of generic medicinal products.
SAIDAL is traded in the stock exchange since 1999.its share capital represents 2 500 000 000 DZD, 80% of which are held by the state and the remaining 20% are held by institutional investors and natural persons.
As the leading producer of generic medicines in Algeria, the primary mission of SAIDAL consists in providing the patients with a rich and diverse rang of quality drugs, and contributing to improve the accessibility of patients to treatment by adopting a pricing policy that favours a broad social classes.
its position as a public company also imparts the mission of assisting the public health policy in the development of pharmaceutical industry by orienting investment toward meeting the needs of the population.
The approach of SAIDAL is based on the fundamental values of citizen solidarity, equity, integrity, transparency and commitment.
The activities of SAIDAL Group are deployed to achieve six main strategic objectives:
- Strengthening its leadership position on the national market;
- Improving its profitability to ensure its continuity and to fulfil its duties towards its shareholders;
- Stabilising its skills and developing its human resources;
-Developing partnership to acquire new technologies and widen its production range toward innovative medicines;
- Being a special instrument for the public authorities to establish the national medicine policy and to contribute decisively in the reduction medicine policy and to contribute decisively in the reduction of the medicines bill and in the market regulation.
- Create a corporate culture that is shared by all workers.
The Group consists of :
- Six (6) production sites : Dar El Beida, Médéa, Constantine, and Annaba. These account for a total production of 140 million sales units.
- Three (3) regional distribution centers located in Blida, Batna and Oran that ensure the distribution of SAIDAL products nationwide.
- A Rechearch and Development Center.
- A Center dedicated to Bioequivalence studies.
The range of SAIDAL products comprehends more than 200 products devided into 20 therapeutic classes.
For SAIDAL, which is committed to an ambitious expansion program, developing partnerships represents an important instrument in the achievement of its objectives.
Six partnerships are concluded today with major international laboratories.These partnerships take many forms (industrial, licence transfer and the creation of joint-ventures) they are essentially based on technology and know -how transfer and built on trust and complementarity between partners.
SAIDAL-PFIZER: Concluded in1997 thought the creation of PFIZER SAIDAL MANUFACTURING (PSM), a joint company between SAIDAL (30%) and PFIZER (70%); the plants is located in Algiers, it entered production in 2003.
SAIDAL - SANOFI : Concluded in 1996 through the creation of WINTHROP PHARMA SAIDAL (WPS) , a joint company between SAIDAL (30%) and SANOFI (70%); the plant is located in Algiers, it entered production in 2001.
Concluded in 1996 through the creation of Tassili Arab Pharmaceutical Company (TAPHCO), a joint company between SAIDAL (44.51%), ACDIMA (28.98%), PIMACO (21.97%) and JPM (4.54%) the production facility was achieved and delivered in 2015.
SAIDAL -NORTH AFRICA HOLDING COMPANY(kOWEIT)-NATIONAL INVESTMENT FUND.
Concluded in 2012 for the creation of SAIDAL -NORTH Africa holding manufacturing (SNM), a joint company between SAIDAL (49%), NORTH AFRICA HOLDING COMPANY (49%) and the NATIONAL INVESTMENT FUND (2%); the company is responsible for the creation of an anticancer drugs production unit.(Project in study phase)
SAIDAL-NOVO NORDISK(Industrial partnership):
Concluded in 2012 for the production of the NOVO NORDISK insulin range shaped in vials (for hospital use) and in cartridge, the plant is under construction since 2015.
SAIDAL-JULPHAR (United Arab Emirates):
in 2016 a partnership has been concluded between SAIDAL and JULPHAR where the latter will hold 40% of IBERAL (Subsidiary of SAIDAL).
OUR DEVELOPMENT PLAN:
initiated in 2009, the development plan of SAIDAL includes two main lines:
- Upgrading the existing sites:
Constantine (insulin vial),Dar El Beida, Médéa and Gué de Constantine.
- Building new infrastructure:
four new generic drugs plants, three of which are underway:
* EL HARRACH2-Zemirli (Algiers) specialised in the production of dry forms (tablets and capsules) with an annual capacity of 70 million sales units.
* Constantine 2(300km East of Algiers) specialized in the production of liquid forms (syrup and spray) with an annual capacity of 28 million sales in syrup and 8 million in spray.
* Cherchell (90km west of Algiers) specialized in the production of dry forms (pwder-packets, tablets and capsules) with an annual capacity of 25 million sales units.
A plant specialised in the production of cartridge insulin with an annual capacity of 40 million cartridges.(partnership with NOVO NORDISK)
A plant specialized in the production of anticancer drugs, in a solid and injectable form with an annual capacity of 25 million units.Implanted in the industrial area of Sidi Abdelah (Algiers) the project is in the study phase.
two (02) new support structures: A Research an Development Center- Sidi Abdallah (Algiers).
A Bioequivalence Center (Algiers), ( structure achieved in 2015)
In view of the export actions already carried out, the SAIDAL Group intends to strengthen these taking further steps to conquer regional and African markets